Child-Molesting Guru Flees Before Conviction
In November 2009, a judge sentenced Roberto Vasquez, a spiritual adviser to the Hispanic community, to 247 years in prison for a number of child sex crimes. But Vasquez decided to play hooky from court the day his guilty verdict was handed down, and he's remained on the lam ever since.
»The Full Story
Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair):
- Vasquez typically has curly hair.
Scars and Tattoos:
- No known scars.
- No known tattoos.
Traits and Habits:
- Vasquez is a spiritual adviser, preaching Gnostic beliefs.
- He has no discernible job skills.
- Authorities believe he may try getting close to more families with children, because he considers them easy prey.
- In the midst of a trial where he faced multiple counts of child molestation and endangerment charges, Roberto Vasquez disappeared and hasn't been seen since.
Vasquez was last seen in an Elkhart, Ind., courtroom in October 2009.
He never returned to see the conclusion of his trial, and no one has spotted him since.
Other Possible Locations:
Last updated January 28, 2011