Jose Manuel Torres Miranda
Brutal Stabbing Ends 75-Year-Old Hero's Life
Cops say an elderly man's generosity made him the target of an unthinkable crime. The 75-year-old volunteer firefighter and war veteran was found stabbed to death in his own home. Cops have one man in custody, but another suspect has been on the run since 2003.
Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair):
Scars and Tattoos:
- No known scars.
- Miranda has the letter "M" on one side of his chest, either a tattoo or a branding.
Traits and Habits:
- Cops say that he is armed and dangerous.
- Because he was using a fraudulent Social Security number, authorities think he might be an illegal alien.
- Miranda is known to be a partygoer, and cops say he has smoked crack cocaine and been with prostitutes.
- Miranda was last seen in Monroe, N.C., at the scene of the crime. Cops say Miranda could be in Texas, Florida, or Tabasco, Mexico.
Cops say Miranda was last seen at the scene of the crime, a private home on Egdehill Drive, in Monroe, N.C.
Other Possible Locations:
- North Carolina
- Cops say Miranda could be in Texas, Florida, or Tabasco, Mexico. He could still be in North Carolina, but cops say he has no known connections in the area.
Last Known Locations:
Miranda's last known address was on Nelda Drive in Monroe, N.C.
Vehicle To Look For:
- Cops have no indication what vehicle Miranda is driving or if he is even getting around by car.
Last updated February 10, 2012