Missing Child Safe In Mexico
Kentucky authorities confirm they've pinpointed missing child Ana Flores.
They say Ana, who is a citizen in Mexico, is in her home country and safe.
The worldwide search was kicked off when Ana disappeared from her home in November 2007.
Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair):
- Ana's hair is shoulder-length and she often wears it clipped back from her face in a barrette.
Other Phys. Characteristics:
- Ana sometimes wears glasses.
Scars and Tattoos:
- Ana has no known scars.
- Ana has no known tattoos.
Traits and Habits:
- Ana is believed to be on the run with a 32-year-old man who is likely saying they are father-daughter.
- The pair may be traveling in a 1997 red Chevy S-10 extended-cab pick-up truck.
- Cops say Ana could be headed to Chicago with an older man who could be claiming to be either her boyfriend, husband or father.
They may be traveling through the states of Indiana, Illinois or Kentucky.
Ana initially disappeared on her way to school on November 21, 2007.
She came home within hours and was seen by both her parents and detectives investigating her missing case.
Within an hour of the cops leaving, Ana disappeared again.
This time, detectives say, it was for good, and she has not been seen since.
Other Possible Locations:
- 14-year-old Ana may be headed to Chicago with 32-year-old Nazario Velazquez.
Cops say she thinks of Velazquez as her boyfriend.
Last Known Locations:
Until her disappearance, Ana lived in an apartment with her parents in Owensboro, Kentucky.
Vehicle To Look For:
Ana may be on the run with her "boyfriend", 32-year-old married man Nazario Velazquez. He drives a red, 1997 Chevrolet S-10 extended-cab pick-up truck.
Last updated January 9, 2008
Missing Girl Safe
Kentucky authorities have confirmed that Ana Maria Flores is living in her home country of Mexico.
The Owensboro detectives say that they have confirmed with Mexican authorities that she is safe.
Owensboro cops also found out that Ana is married to the man they thought may have been with her when she left her home suddenly in November 2007.
In Mexico, their union is legal despite the age difference and her youth.
Cops say she is living in her family's home town with her new husband.