Mother Disappears; Newborn Left Alone
Cortney Fry, a new mother, mysteriously disappeared from her home in Columbia, Pennsylvania leaving her two-week-old daughter alone. Many questions cirrculated around her disappearance--but six months later Cortney's body was found.
»The Full Story
Date of Death:
Jul 20, 2004 - Jan 22, 2005
Age Range at Time of Death:
19 - 20
Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair):
Other Phys. Characteristics:
- Cortney has her ears pierced.
- Cortney has a mole beside her navel.
- She has a crooked upper left incisor.
Scars and Tattoos:
- Small scar from navel piercing.
Traits and Habits:
- Cortney wears distinctive jewelry. She wears a gold ring with diamond chip on each side of an opal and a gold ring with black onyx with small diamond in center with gold loops around onyx.
She also wears a gold necklace with oval shaped opal in gold setting.
Cortney was last seen in her apartment in the vicinity of S. Fifth Street.
Last updated March 9, 2005
Jan 22, 2005
Missing Mother's Body Found
On January 22, 2005, two hunters made a gruesome discovery. Skeletal remains of a young woman were found in a patch of woods in Manor Township.
Investigators used dental records to decipher whether the remains were that of Cortney Fry. An autopsy confirmed that the body found was Cortney. Investigators say gun shot wounds were apparent leading them to conclude it was a homicide.