Heartbreaking Stories: Missing Mothers In The Windy City
More than a year after she went missing, Illinois mom Lisa Stebic has not been found, but her family is not giving up the fight to bring her home. Cops say they're actively working the investigation, but with every day that goes by, more questions still go unanswered.
Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair):
Scars and Tattoos:
- No known scars.
- Lisa has a small tattoo of a rose on her ankle and a large tattoo of a butterfly on her lower back.
Traits and Habits:
- Lisa was currently going through a divorce with her husband of 14 years, and still lived in the same house with him.
- Lisa had two children, ages 10 and 12, who she cared for very much.
- Lisa's friends and family members describe her as a good mother who would never walk away from her children.
- Lisa had recently posted an Internet ad looking for a female workout partner.
- Lisa worked out every night at the Plainfield North High School track. Her husband told police it is possible that somebody picked her up to go work out, and she disappeared after that.
Lisa was last seen on April 30, 2007 at her home in 13200 block of Red Star Drive in the southwest suburb of Plainfield, Ill.
A very nice and quiet community.
Last updated September 10, 2008